- Chocolate Caramel Tart w/Caramel Sauce - 30
- Gianduja Moussecake w/Chocolate Sauce - 30 (a new banquet dessert; see picture, right)
- Mixed Berry Shortcake w/Orange Buttermilk Scones - 30
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake w/Espresso Sabayon - 100
- Lemongrass Panna Cotta w/Ginger Cookies - 30
- Orange-Almond Cake w/Mixed Berries - 100
- Chocolate Raspberry Moussecake w/Raspberry Sauce - 60
- Chocolate Mousse w/Brandied Cherries - 30
- Lime Tarts w/Lime Curd - 35
- Apple Crisp w/Cinnamon Anglaise - 30
- Butterscotch Pudding w/Milk Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies - 230
And of course all of these banquets meant that we had a full hotel for most of the week, so we also needed plenty of desserts for Grange. To make the week even more challenging my assistant, Jackie, was out sick for two days.
But you know what? We all pulled together, and with a little help from externs and stewards we made the banquets, we kept Grange well stocked, and we had a lot of very happy guests. And, we managed to have some fun, too, as you can see from Jackie's picture. She's posing a la Vanna White next to one of the banquet carts loaded with the Deep Dark Chocolate Cake.
It's so important to have a relief valve when you're faced with this kind of daunting workload. Jackie and I share a lot of laughs as we work and allow each other to vent when we need to. I'm very fortunate to have an assistant who cares about the desserts as much as I do.
I'm not eager to repeat this kind of week any time soon, but I do know that when another dessert storm appears on the horizon, the pastry department will handle it with determination, perseverance ... and humor!